Getting started with bat detectors and bat call analysis
This one day course offers an introduction to the use of bat detectors for professional bat surveys.
Upcoming dates: We do not currently have any dates scheduled for this course.
Email email@example.com to register your interest in this course
For information on how we process your data, follow this link
Course content includes:
- What is bat echolocation and why can it be useful in surveys
- An introduction to bat detector systems
- Types of detectors available
- Choosing your bat detector
- Recording from your detector
- Options available for software analysis for bat calls
- Basic bat call identification
- Adding value to your surveys with good record keeping and reporting
Prior knowledge: none
Professional Training Standards met by course: Foundation Knowledge 1.2, Preparation and Planning of surveys 3.2, Survey Techniques and Equipment 4.2
CPD: A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded that can be used as evidence for CPD. This course is approved by the Royal Society of Biology as 24 CPD points.
Cost: £170 in person
Discounts: £5 for BCT members,
10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places