Danton Briggs

Bats are magical but misunderstood mammals. They face a range of threats from persecution to habitat loss. The Bat Conservation Trust is working to secure the future of bats in our changing world and we need your help. Please help our unique bats by making a donation today.

If you'd like your donation to go to a specific project (Helpline, National Bat Monitoring Programme, Built Environment, etc), please mention it on our JustGiving page or mention it when donating over the phone or when you send a cheque.

Other ways to donate

You can donate via our JustGiving page by clicking here.

With JustGiving you can give a one-off donation or set up a regular donation. JustGiving takes care of Gift Aid for us too which saves us on staff time (read below why Gift Aid is important).

Paypal Giving fund
Donate via Paypal here. You can add Gift Aid to your donations so you're donation is worth more.

CAF (Charities Aid Foundation)
If you prefer you can also donate via CAF. They too take care of Gift Aid for us.

You can also send us a cheque, payable to the Bat Conservation Trust to our address:

Bat Conservation Trust
Studio 15
Cloisters House
Cloisters Business Centre
8 Battersea Park Road

If you send a donation via cheque and are able to Gift Aid your donation please print and fill this Gift Aid Form and send it along with your cheque. Please note that cheques aren't cashed straight away and it may take us up to 4 weeks to cash your cheque.

Payroll Giving (Employee Giving Schemes)
Give As You Earn (GAYE) is an excellent tax-free way of supporting the Bat Conservation Trust. It is simple to set up and can be an effective way of improving staff morale and generating positive publicity for your company through BCT publicity.

Your employees choose how much they want to give each month, and the donation is then debited from their gross pay. Employees can give as much or as little as they like, and because the donation is taken from their pay before tax, it actually costs them less.

Receiving regular donations through GAYE schemes means we are able to make longer term plans for bat conservation, which is better for us and better for bats!

To find out more about how you could set up a GAYE scheme to support the Bat Conservation Trust, visit the CAF website.

If you have any questions about donating, please email

What is Gift Aid and why is it important?

Gift Aid is one of the easiest ways to make your membership subscription or donation tax effective.

BCT reclaims the basic rate tax from the Inland Revenue. If you are a UK taxpayer, for every £1 that you donate to the Bat Conservation Trust (BCT), we can currently claim an extra 25p from the Inland Revenue. There is no extra cost to you and the process is simple – all you have to do is make a Gift Aid declaration.

A Gift Aid declaration is simply a statement by an individual taxpayer that they would like BCT to reclaim the tax paid on their subscription or donation from the Inland Revenue. It doesn't commit you to anything else and best of all, it doesn't cost you a penny! All you have to do is sign/tick the Gift Aid declaration when joining BCT or making a donation. It really is that simple.

To qualify for Gift Aid, you must pay an amount of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that BCT reclaims on your donations in the appropriate tax year (6th April to the following 5th April).

Read some FAQ's here and please note:

  1. You can cancel your Declaration at any time by notifying BCT
  2. If your circumstances change and you no longer pay enough income or capital gains tax to cover the amount claimed by BCT, you can cancel your declaration. Likewise, please notify BCT if you change your name or address
  3. If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief via your Self-Assessment tax return (currently 25p for each pound you give)**
  4. If you pay less income tax and/or Capital Gains Tax that the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year, it is your responsibility to pay the difference

** Higher rate taxpayers can claim back the difference between basic rate and higher rate tax.