Bearing Witness for Wildlife Training
This one day course is for anyone wanting to improve their skills in recognising and reporting wildlife crime or when acting as a witness.
This course is part of the Bearing Witness for Wildlife Conservation Wildlife Crime Project. The project recognises that wildlife crime is currently not always recorded, investigated or prosecuted effectively and this training course will help us to start addressing this need.
Course content includes:
- Recognising wildlife crime
- Reporting wildlife crime
- Assisting police investigations
- Acting as a witness of fact and an expert witness – what to expect during police investigations and in court
- Conservation impact statements
- Wildlife crime sentencing and Proceeds of Crime Act.
Course Tutors: The course is presented by Craig Fellowes, assisted by BCT's Conservation Wildlife Crime Officer Pete Charleston. Between them, they have over 60 years policing experience and almost 50 years investigating wildlife crime.
Prior knowledge: none
CPD: A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded that can be used as evidence for CPD.
Discounts: £5 for BCT members, 10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places
Alternatively the course is available as an in-house course.