Surveying for bats
This course will give you the knowledge and skills to plan professional bat surveys, as well as developing practical survey skills and field sign identification.
Course content includes:
- Identifying survey objectives
- Planning surveys, including desktop and scoping surveys
- Resource planning and costings
- Health and safety, including risk assessments
- Identifying appropriate survey techniques to meet survey objectives
- Survey skills and field signs, including droppings
- Building, construction and architectural terms
- Case studies and practical roost visits
Professional Training Standards met by course: Foundation Knowledge 1.2 & 1.5, Preparation & Planning of Surveys 3.1-3.2, Survey Techniques & Equipment 4.1-4.3
CPD: A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded that can be used as evidence for CPD. This course is approved by the Royal Society of Biology as 24 CPD points.
Cost: £340 - non-residential, £398 - residential
Discounts: £5 for BCT members, 10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places