Surveying for bats
Updated in line with the 4th edition of the Bat Surveys for Professional Ecologists: Good Practice Guidelines
This course will give you the knowledge and skills to plan professional bat surveys, as well as developing practical survey skills and field sign identification.
Upcoming dates: We do not currently have any dates scheduled for this course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest
For information on how we process your data, follow this link
Course content includes:
- Identifying survey objectives
- Planning surveys, including desktop and scoping surveys
- Resource planning and costings
- Health and safety, including risk assessments
- Identifying appropriate survey techniques to meet survey objectives
- Survey skills and field signs, including droppings
- Building, construction and architectural terms
- Case studies and practical roost visits
CPD: A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded that can be used as evidence for CPD. This course is approved by the Royal Society of Biology as 24 CPD points.
Cost: £360 - non-residential,
Discounts: £5 for BCT members, 10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places