National Bat Conference
The conference will be held at the University of York, 2nd - 4th September 2016.
The programme is now confirmed!
We are pleased to annouce this years plenary speaker is Dr Christian Voigt, Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research, who will be presenting his talk on 'Moving the distance: Bat migration across anthropogenic landscapes'.
We have also just added some exciting new workshops for the Sunday:
- DNA sampling of bats- available technologies and maximising the return from non-invasive samples (Andrew Harrington)
- Establising groups to monitor the effectiveness of bat mitigation (Claire Wordley)
- European bat box database
- Breathing life into cities - living landscapes (Niall McEvoy)
- Full spectrum recording and analysis at minimum capital outlay (Peter Florry)
There are lots more exciting talks including bat behaviour, wind turbines, current research topics and bat crime. The workshops will cover a wide range of topics including monitoring software, policy and guidelines, bat handling and bat ID.
To see the programme in full, please click here.
Online bookings for the National Bat Conference 2016 have now closed. Bookings can still be made over the phone. Please call the conference team on 020 7820 7165 or email us for more information.
There are lots of exciting sponsorship opportunities, please click here to see the various ways you can support the conference or take an exhition stand.
BCT is very pleased to have the following sponsors for the National Bat Conference 2016
|Major Sponsor with Drinks Reception: Wildlife Acoustics|
|Major Sponsor: Elekon|
|Tea and Coffee Sponsor: Pettersson Elektronik|
During the conference programme we will also present two awards:
- The Vincent Weir Scientific Award - This is awarded annually to a student at a UK-based institution who has made a significant contribution to research on the conservation biology of bats.
- The Pete Guest Award - This award goes to an individual who has made an outstanding practical contribution to bat conservation.
- 2015 Abstracts - abstracts of talks given at the 2015 National Bat Conference
- 2014 Abstracts - abstracts of talks given at the 2014 National Bat Conference
- 2013 Abstracts - abstracts of talks given at the 2013 National Bat Conference
- 2012 Abstracts - abstracts of talks given at the 2012 National Bat Conference
- 2011 Abstracts - abstracts of talks given at the 2011 National Bat Conference
- 2010 Abstracts - abstract of talks given at the 2010 National Bat Conference
2009 Abstracts - abstract of talks given at the 2009 National Bat Conference