East of England Bat Conference
Date of next conference: Saturday 25 April 2020 - Save the date!
More details to follow
The East of England Bat Conference is an opportunity for volunteer and professional bat workers in the East of England to spend time together: updating their knowledge, sharing best practice, developing their skills and catching up on the latest 'bat chat'. The day will include spotlight talks from various bat groups in the region, longer talks on projects or sharing new knowledge and a choice of practical workshops. There will also be plenty of time for catching up with batty friends or making some new batty acquaintances.
This one-day event is primarily for bat workers and bat enthusiasts who live, work, or are members of bat groups in the East of England. The area covered includes: Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Bedfordshire, and Cambridgeshire.
The 2020 East of England Bat Conference is looking for a sponsor. If you are interested please contact the Training & Conferences Manager.
The previous East of England Bat Conference took place on 17 March 2018 at Ely College, Cambridgeshire.
You can find highlights from the day on Twitter using #EastBatConf
The talks programme included:
- An update on the work of the Bat Conservation Trust - Joe Nunez-Mino, BCT
- Going batty - from a Local Authority Ecologist’s perspective - Sue Hooton, Place Services, Essex CC
- National Bats and Churches Project - Philip Parker, Philip Parker Associates
- Lighting up the Landscape - Julie Day, University of Exeter
- Bat Conservation in Africa - Emma Stone, Conservation Research Africa
- Five minute bat group spotlight sessions will be scheduled between the main talks during the day
- A Priorities Discussion Session for Bat Conservation in the East of England
Five minute bat group spotlight sessions were scheduled between the main talks during the day and there was a choice of workshops including:
- Introduction to Kaleidoscope Viewer,
- Surveying Buildings for Bats,
- Anabat Insight Introduction,
- Introduction to Advanced Survey Techniques for Bats,
- Introduction to QGIS for Bat Groups,
- Introduction to Bat Sound Analysis,
- Social Media for Beginners,
- Introduction to Project Licensing.