Raising funds for the Bat Conservation Trust through a sponsored event is a fun and effective way to help bats.
London Marathon 2021
The Bat Conservation Trust has 3 places in the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday 3rd October 2021. Since this is a virtual event you do not have to come to London to participate; You'll have a full 24 hours to complete your 26.2 miles wherever you chose to participate from.
If you would like to take part in this event please email email@example.com by the 30th April 2021 to register your interest and answer the following questions so we can know a bit more about you:
- Is this your first marathon?
- Why do you want to run a marathon and raise funds for bats?
- Do you have a training plan in place?
- Is there a specific project you want the donations to go towards?
- Do you know how you will promote the fundraising page to raise money?
BCT is signed up to the justgiving.com fundraising service, which allows people to set up their own personalised webpages and raise funds by encouraging friends and colleagues to sponsor them. You can now also set up your fundraising page with Facebook.
So far, generous supporters have raised more than £1,000 for BCT through a variety of sponsored activities! Here are some examples:
- Bella, who is 11 years old, has raised over £250 for bat conservation by doing a virtual walk of Hadrians Wall.
- Emma Reynolds raised over £1,000 by shaving her heads for bats in a live Instagram.
- Steve Parker (former BCT trustee) ran the London Marathon in 2016 and raised nearly £8,000!
If you are running, cycling, trekking, etc and want to fundraise for bats please let us know - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .