Fundraising is a great way to help bats and have fun! We have lots of batty ideas on how you can raise some much needed money and support for bats.
Whatever level of involvement you wish to have, you will be making a difference to what we are able to achieve.
If you have any questions about fundraising for bats, please contact Andreia Correia da Costa: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7820 7181
Fundraise from home (and without spending any extra)
Start your own fundraising page on Facebook and encourage your friends to donate. Many people have started fundraising pages for their birthdays encouraging people to donate to us as a birthday present! An excellent idea! Click here for more information.
You shop. Amazon gives. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Simply login HERE instead, search 'Bat Conservation Trust' and shop as usual.
You can now show your support for bats when you use Savoo Search, Save and Raise as your online shopping platform. Simply use Savoo Search as your default search engine (the same way as you would your current search engine) and Savoo will donate 1p for every search. If you’re looking to do some online shopping and want to get a great deal, Savoo has thousands of voucher codes and deals that will help you save money & they will donate to us at the same time.
Give as you Live
If you do your grocery shopping or shop online for your favourite brands then please consider using Give as you live! All you need to do is create an account, select 'Bat Conservation Trust as your charity and browse for your favourite shops. The retailers donate a percentage of whatever you buy. Visit this page to start shopping.
eBay for Charity
Did you know you can donate a percentage (or all) of the profits of the items you sell on ebay? You can find this option on the 'Make a Donation' part of the 'Selling Details' section. Click here to start selling.
A to Z of fundraising Ideas
- Auction of promises
- Bike ride, book sale, BBQ, barn dance
- Cake Break, coffee morning, craft sale
- Darts tournament, disco
- Eighties night
- Fancy dress, face painting, fashion show, football
- Garage sale, golf day, garden party
- Halloween Party
- International bat quiz
- Juggling, job-swap, jazz evening
- Knobbly knees contest, karaoke, knit-a-thon
- Luncheon, leg waxing (for men!), line dance
- Music, mystery tour, murder mystery evening
- Non-uniform day, name that tune, nearly new sale
- Open garden day, orange themed day, obstacle races
- Picnic, plant stall, penalty shoot-out
- Quiz night, question time, quit it
- Races, raffle, recipe book stall, rock ’n’ roll event
- Sponsored activity, salsa night
- Three-legged races, tombola, tea-break, team challenges
- Unwanted goods sale
- Vintage car rally
- Welly throwing, whacky hat contest
- X-marks the spot treasure hunt
- Zany accessories day
Fundraising at work or school
Bat cakes. Organize a batty tea break or even cake sales and ask for donations;
Dress Batty Day. Pay £1 to wear batty clothes – wings, big ears, if you have no time for preparation then wear something black!
Bat PE class. Plan a PE class to involve agility work, bats are very agile flying and hunting their prey. Ask for donations for practicing new skills.
Fundraising with friends and family
Batty BBQ. Serve bat wings (chicken wings), flying burgers, guano sausages, bat beer and ask for donations.
Bat walk. Ask people who attend for a donation or get sponsors for every bat counted.