Secondary Roost Surveys for Arborists - including endoscope use
This follow-on course teaches participants how to undertake a secondary roost survey including use of an endoscope. You will explore in more depth the practical skills needed in the field, the methods that can be used to rule out the potential of features as suitable bat roosts, learn the appropriate use of endoscopes and be given guidance on what can and cannot be done without a bat licence. Now also accredited by Lantra.
Upcoming dates: Dates coming to Wales, Notts and more soon.
Email email@example.com to register your interest in dates.
For information on how we process your data, follow this link
Course content includes:
- Revision of bat ecology, biology and the law
- Tree roost recognition and basic visual assessment of trees for bat evidence
- Introduction to a method statement on how to undertake secondary roost surveys, includes the use of endoscopes in bat work
- Endoscopes: costs, range and how to use for bat work
- Where to go for help and emergency procedures
- Practical: how to carry out a secondary roost assessment, including use of an endoscope
This course is in line with British Standard 8596: Surveying for Bats in Trees and Woodland. The method statement mentioned in the standard is taken directly from this course and attendees will be given training on how to use this method statement appropriately.
Course tutors: Richard Crompton, Adam Curtis, Richard Flight, Louise Mapstone, Sonia Reveley, Natalie Todman
Prior knowledge: Previous attendance on Arboriculture and Bats: Scoping surveys for arborists or an equivalent course
CPD: A Lantra Certificate or Certificate of Attendance from BCT will be awarded that can be used as evidence for CPD.
Cost: £210 with Lantra certificate or £175 with BCT certificate of attendance. The course contents and resources are the same for both options.
Discounts: £5 discount for BCT or Arboricultural Association members, 10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places
This course is also available as an in-house course on request.