Here are some suggestions for all sorts of activities relating to bats you can do outdoors (some you can craft indoors first!) Fun for all ages!
- Summer Bingo - Bats and More - a fun bingo card of activities for you to try this summer with both indoor and outdoor activities. Can you do them all and get a "full-roost"?
- Fly a bat kite - can be crafted indoors or outdoors if the weather is good, but we recommend flying your kite outside!
- Make a bat box - there are instructions on how to build a Kent bat box yourself in Stars of the Night (make require adult supervision)
- Gardening for bats - there are lots of ways to encourage bats in your garden or local green space. Check our suggestions in Encouraging bats and Stars of the Night
- Go for a bat walk - join an organised bat walk - check out our events page, see if your local bat group is organising one - or organise one yourself with our tips
- Monitor your local bats with the National Bat Monitoring Programme - we have a variety of citizen science surveys where people can gather data on their local bats, some are great for beginners and don't need any equipment