Over 4 years, from 2008 to 2012, the Bat Conservation Trust's Count Bat Project worked with a wide range of audiences, organisations and volunteer groups across England to give everyone, everywhere the chance to discover the world of bats and get involved in their conservation. The pack includes resources for engaging young people, tips on running bat walks, guidance on accessibility to people with special needs and more.
Click here to download the Bats for All Pack.
IMPORTANT: For the pack content to work (including the Interactive Manual) you need to unzip or extract (simply cut and paste in a new folder) the content of the downloaded zipped folder.
If you have any compatibility or other issues with reading or opening files within the pack, please consult the Help section of the Interactive Manual or download this document.
Working with Communities
- Short films
- Accessibility guides
- Detailed case studies
- Showcasing our community work with useful hints and tips from event leaders and accessibility experts
Running Bat Activities
- Bat walk and talk (including a presentation)
- Bat box workshop
- Bat games and batty crafts (activity sheets)
- Bats at school
- Gardening for bats
- Risk assessments and evaluation guidance
- Resources to organise enjoyable and accessible bat events with your local community
Raising Awareness of Bats
- Bat sounds and music
- Resources to communicate about bats to a wide audience