Further information about considering bats as part of woodland management:
- Woodland Management for Bats, (2005) published by the Forestry Commission for England and Wales in partnership with BCT, CCW and English Nature (Natural England).
- Woodland management advice for Bechstein's bat and barbastelle bat (ENRR658), (2005) Greenaway, F & Hill, D on behalf of English Nature (Natural England).
- Bechstein's bat: An introduction for woodland owners (2013)published by the Bat Conservation Trust.
- Guidance on managing woodlands for bats in England, (2013) published by Forest research, Forestry Commission and Natural England.
- European Protected Species in Woodlands - A Field Guide 2018, (2018) published by Forestry Commission.
- Forest operations and bats in Scotland, (2009) published by Forestry Commission Scotland and Scottish Natural Heritage.
- Woodland management in the presence of bat species, (Wales) produced by Forest Research, Forestry Commission Wales and CFS, Welsh Assembly Government and Countryside Council for Wales (now Natural Resources Wales).
- How to manage your hedge for bats, published by Hedgelink UK.
- Method statement for the appropriate use of endoscopes by arborists, (2015) published by the Bat Conservation Trust and referred to in British Standard 8596. Please note that this statement should only be used by appropriately trained individuals.