Shropshire Bat Group
For all bat group enquiries, please contact: Sue Worsfold (Group Secretary) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of the Bat Group's activities:
Monitoring and Survey
- The Bat Group regularly monitors winter hibernacula in the old lead mines around Shropshire in association with the local caving society. It also surveys the Hoffman limekilns at Llanymynech and runs a programme of bat box surveys in the summer.
- The Bat Group undertakes the Field Survey Waterway Survey, Sunset-sunrise Survey and Pipistrelle Colony Counts as part of BCT's National Bat Monitoring Programme.
- The Bat Group has regular talks for members.
- The Bat Group has regular walks for both members and the general public.
- The group attends local shows and events though this varies from year to year.
- The Group provides an annual winter programme of 10 -12 evening training sessions for people working towards their bat roost visitor licence.