1st December 2015
The Bat Conservation Trust is joining the global #GivingTuesday movement, a day of giving and a day for people around the world to come together to do something for a good cause!
If you have been caught up in the frenzy of holiday shopping this last Black Friday and Cyber Monday, today is your chance to embrace the true spirit of the festive season and give back a little. #GivingTuesday was initiated in the USA and was successfully replicated in the UK for the first time last year; in 2014 JustGiving saw a 46% increase in donations compared to the previous year and UK Visa cardholders donated a staggering average of £2500 every minute!
Today we want to celebrate the incredible work carried out by our staff, volunteers and supporters all over the UK. They devote their time and resources to care and protect bats, to inspire others to the benefits and importance of these animals, to give advice and support, to be their voice at every stage of policy making and many other ways. If you love bats and believe in the work we do share your story with us! We are asking you to tell us why and how you support bat conservation and to share your photo or video with us, either via social media or email. Our goal is to reach as many people as possible and for your words and your story to inspire others.
Chris Packham, our president, said "#GivingTuesday is a terrific opportunity for people to make a difference in a cause they feel passionate about! Here at BCT we truly do relevant work towards bat conservation and that is only possible because our supporters believe in our cause and the work we do, as a team. Today we are also joining #GivingTuesday to let them know how grateful we are for that".
If you want to celebrate #GivingTuesday with us or want to know how you can give back you can download our free #GivingTuesday pack from our website here: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/givingtuesday.html . We have also launched a video competition and the winner will get a prize. Visit the website to know more details!
Notes to editor
- The Bat Conservation Trust (BCT) is the only national organisation solely devoted to the conservation of bats and their habitats in the UK. Its network of 100 local bat groups and more than 1,000 bat workers survey roosts and hibernation sites, and work with householders, builders, farmers and foresters to protect bats.
- For more information on how you can support BCT or how to get involved visit: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/get_involved.html or call 020 7820 7181
- If you are interested in joining us in this global #GivingTuesday movement you can download our #GivingTuesday pack for free here:
- BCT operates the National Bat Helpline on 0345 1300 228, providing advice for all who come into contact with bats or have questions about them. More information can be found on BCT's website, www.bats.org.uk
- #GivingTuesday is a movement to celebrate and provide incentives to give - the 2015 iteration will be held on December 1, 2015. This effort harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners - nonprofits, businesses and corporations as well as families and individuals - to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season. #GivingTuesday inspires people to take collaborative action to improve their local communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they celebrate and help create a better world. #GivingTuesday harnesses the power of social media to create a global moment dedicated to giving around the world.
- To learn more about #GivingTuesday participants and activities or to join the celebration of giving, please visit: Website: www.givingtuesday.org Facebook: www.facebook.com/GivingTuesday Twitter: twitter.com/GivingTuesday
21st February 2024
9th February 2024
7th February 2024