We organise a wide range of training courses for both volunteers and professionals. All of our professional courses have been developed to complement BCT's Bat Surveys for Professional Ecologists: Good Practice Guidelines and Professional Training Standards.
We have just announced two dates for our Bats for Building Professionals course. These will be taking place on 11 January and 15 March 2017 at the National Self Build and Renovation Centre in Swindon. For more details visit the course page.
Dates for our 2017 programme will be available in early December.
Our courses are now approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD.
Inline with current guidance
- Our courses for ecological consultants are inline with BCT's Bat Surveys for Professional Ecologists: Good Practice Guidelines (3rd edition) which was released in early 2016.
- Our arborist courses are in line with the new British Standard 8596: Surveying for bats in trees and woodland.
New for 2016
- One day An introduction to advanced bat survey techniques (to coincide with the new advanced survey techniques chapter of BCT's Bat Surveys for Professional Ecologists: Good Practice Guidelines (3rd edition)
- One day Sound analysis and species identification course
- One day Automatic species identification course
- One day AnaLook software course
- Three day Advanced bat survey techniques level 2 (field skills)
Find the course that's right for you:
If you have a general query about training or licensing, try our Frequently Asked Questions
The website is updated regularly with details of new courses and dates, but if you would like to be added to the training mailing list, please contact the training team.
For any questions you can contact the training team:
email@example.com / 020 7820 7165