We organise a wide range of training courses for both volunteers and professionals. All of our professional courses have been developed to complement BCT's Bat Surveys for Professional Ecologists: Good Practice Guidelines and Professional Training Standards.
Dates for our 2017 training programme are now available. Please click here for a list of our courses.
Coming up soon - don't miss your chance to book:
- An Introduction to Advanced Bat Survey Techniques on 25 April in Swindon
- Bat Ecology and Conservation on 9 May in Surrey
- Sound Analysis and Species Identification on 16 May in Leeds
Courses still to be confirmed:
- We will be running our Arboriculture and bats - Scoping surveys for arborists and Secondary roost surveys for arborists in Edinburgh in the second half of 2017. More details to follow.
- We will be running our three day Advanced Bat Survey Techniques Level 2 course in West Sussex in September 2017. More details to follow.
Our courses are now approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD.
Inline with current guidance
- Our courses for ecological consultants are inline with BCT's Bat Surveys for Professional Ecologists: Good Practice Guidelines (3rd edition) which was released in early 2016.
- Our arborist courses are in line with the new British Standard 8596: Surveying for bats in trees and woodland.
Find the course that's right for you:
If you have a general query about training or licensing, try our Frequently Asked Questions
The website is updated regularly with details of new courses and dates, but if you would like to be added to the training mailing list, please contact the training team.
For any questions you can contact the training team:
email@example.com / 020 7820 7169