It is a criminal offence to intentionally or recklessly disturb a bat in its roost. Photographing bats can disturb them, especially if bats are in their roosts (or entering and existing their roosts) and if you are using a flash/lighting. This sort of activity may therefore require a licence.
How to request an image
For more information please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Proceeds from Photo Library sales help fund the crucial conservation work of the Bat Conservation Trust. Pricing is based on specific usage requirements and is determined by a number of factors, such as:
- usage (how the image will be used, e.g. leaflet, poster)
- intended size of image
- intended position & prominence of image (e.g. frontcover, main image, thumbnail)
- size of circulation / print run
To enable your request to be accurately costed, please provide us with this information when enquiring about specific images.
Conditions of use
- The images remain the property of Bat Conservation Trust
- The images must be appropriately credited wherever used, in the format: © Photographer's name/www.bats.org.uk
- Do not share the images with anyone else without prior permission of the Bat Conservation Trust
- The image(s) is(are) issued to you for use as discussed during the request process and cannot be reproduced elsewhere without the prior permission from the Bat Conservation Trust.