Here are some suggestions for all sorts of activities relating to bats you can do indoors (some you can do outdoors if the weather is suitable!) Fun for all ages!
- Summer Bingo - Bats and More - a fun bingo card of activities for you to try this summer. Can you do them all and get a "full-roost"?
- Flapping bat - craft yourself a flapping bat with our easy-to-follow instructions and template
- Long-eared bat finger puppet - use our template or draw your own bat and follow our guidelines to make your own finger puppet
- Origami bat - can you turn a square of paper into a bat?
- Draw or paint a bat - use your artistic skills to draw or paint a bat. We have tips to guide you if you need or let your creativity fly!
- Needle felt bat - may require adult supervision for children new to needle felting
- Do some batty baking - whether making something bat-shaped like biscuits, or incorporating ingredients from bat-pollinated plants, there are lots of ways to do some baking on a bat-theme
- Write a story or poem about bats - you might find some inspiration from our Batty Laureate winners or want to enter your own writing for the competition
- Work out your wingspan - if you were a bat how big would your wings be?
- Bats are like... - imagine what a real live bat feels, looks and sounds like
- True or False - a quiz (with notes to help the Quiz leader)