Wildlife Acoustics Kaleidoscope Pro
"Fantastic introduction to Kaleidoscope Pro. The course is run at a great pace and Paul makes it both a useful and enjoyable training event." Course Participant, 2017
A one day course aimed at ecological consultants, the course will focus on both the free and full versions of Kaleidoscope and its ability to analyse large data sets. The course will be led by Wildlife Acoustics' Paul Howden-Leach, an expert in Kaleidoscope Pro. All profits from the course will go to the Bat Conservation Trust.
Course content includes:
- Understanding bat echolocation – physics of sound
- Principals of bat detectors, including differences in technology relating to zero crossing, full spectrum, heterodyne and time expansion
- How to use the free Kaleidoscope Viewer, file converter and noise scrubber
- Dealing with large data sets using Kaleidoscope Pro auto ID software
- Principals of cluster analysis within Kaleidoscope Pro and its applications
- Exporting the results
Prior knowledge: A basic understanding of bat identification is recommended, although not essential.
CPD: A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded that can be used as evidence for CPD.
Discounts: £5 for BCT members, 10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places
Upcoming date: Dates for 2019 coming soon.
BCT does not endorse any of the analysis software programs included within their training courses or conference workshops but values the important contribution they can make to bat conservation. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to data or unsatisfactory results arising from the use of any analysis software during or after a BCT course or conference workshop.
The use of proprietary and commercial trade names in BCT training or conferences does not imply endorsement of the product, software or technique by event sponsors, funding bodies or BCT.