An introduction to advanced bat survey techniques
A one day course introducing participants to advanced bat survey techniques such as trapping free flying bats and radio tracking. The course will primarily focus on when these techniques should be used and their pros and cons to supplement other non-invasive bat survey techniques.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to bat trapping and radio tracking, methods and applications
- Overview of data analysis techniques and interpretation
- When to require and how to scope advanced bat surveys
- Legal (e.g licensing), ethical and safety considerations
- Equipment, skills and resources*
*This will be a classroom based course, however equipment will be used to explain key concepts.
Prior knowledge: Knowledge or experience of standard bat survey techniques, particularly bat activity surveys, would be useful. This is the first of two courses on this subject - attendance on this course is required for our follow on advanced surveys course Advanced Bat Survey Techniques level 2 (field skills).
CPD: A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded that can be used as evidence for CPD.
Discounts: £5 for BCT members, 10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places
Upcoming date: TBC