South West Conference
Date of next event: 25th March 2017
Venue of next event: Tiverton Campus of Petroc College
This is a one-day event for bat workers and bat enthusiasts who live or work in the South West of England or who are members of bat groups in the region. The area covered is: Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Isles of Scilly, Gloucestershire, Somerset, and Wiltshire.
The event is sponsored by:
The programme currently includes:
- An update on the work of the Bat Conservation Trust - Carol Williams, Director of Conservation, BCT
- The greater horseshoe bats of Berry Head - George Bemment
- The Nathusius' Pipistrelle Bat Project - Daniel Hargreaves
- Landscape scale habitat configuration by roads and the distribution of bats across the UK - Amy Fensome, University of Exeter
- Devon Greater Horseshoe Bat Project - Ruth Testa, Devon Wildlife Trust
- Priorities in the South West discussion session
- Five minute bat group spotlight sessions will be given between the main talks during the day
Delegates will be able to choose one 90 minute workshop, including: Introduction to class licensing, Creating a visual aid to the identification of bat droppings, Wildlife Acoustics Product Line Demonstration, Pompom bats, Introduction to Sound Analysis, Bat care: An introduction for new carers & ambulance drivers and Bat automatic identification software – issues to consider.
Exhibitor stands will include:
Wildlife Acoustics, NHBS, Titley Scientific, PeerSonic, Wildcare and BCT. There will also be displays for the Helpline, the Devon Greater Horseshoe Project and some of the South West Bat Groups.
If you have any questions about the South West Bat Conference, or any other English regional conferences, please contact Becky Wilson by email.