BCT Social Media House Rules
BAT CONSERVATION TRUST'S SOCIAL MEDIA HOUSE RULES
Bat Conservation Trusts (BCT) social media pages are here for you to be able to interact with BCT and other bat enthusiasts as well as to provide you with information about bats. It also offers an opportunity for you to involve yourself in and contribute to bat conservation. If you need urgent advice on helping bats please do not contact us via social media, please have a look at http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/help.html
BCT encourages everyone to engage and contribute to our social media pages by leaving comments, opinions and images. We do review all posts and reserve the right to remove any that are viewed as unsuitable or offensive. Political views and ethical opinions posted by others, do not represent the views or opinions of BCT, which is a non- partisan conservation charity. Sharing on our facebook page does not imply that we condone, support or endorse any view expressed in the shared post. We want to make this page welcoming informative, entertaining and friendly.
We believe that discrimination based on individual characteristics and circumstances, such as age; disability; caring or dependency responsibilities; gender or gender identity; marriage and civil partnership status; political opinion; pregnancy and maternity; race, colour, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sexual orientation; socio-economic background; trade union membership status or other distinctions, is unacceptable.
Please make sure you:
- only post information you are happy for everyone to see
- keep comments or messages on-topic
- do not post offensive, indecent or obscene language
- be respectful towards others (defamatory or embarrassing is not acceptable)
- do not incite hatred (We respect the rights of individuals to hold different views and beliefs but will not allow these differences to be manifested in a way that is hostile or degrading to others)
- do not post personal or confidential information such as addresses, phone numbers etc.
- do not post links or direct others to sites containing viruses, corrupted files, or anything that may cause damage to or interfere with computer hardware or software
- do not break the law including libel, condoning illegal activity and breaking copyright
- do not spam or use the page to solicit business
- stick to the topic in discussion
- do not post with a name or avatar which includes abusive or obscene words or images
- do not post images of people holding bats with bare hands and/or inappropriately
We reserve the right to remove anything which breaches the above or Facebook's standard terms and conditions or which we want to remove for any reason in our discretion.
We reserve the right to delete content which doesn't follow this guidance and repeat offenders may be banned from using our page.
We try to ensure that the information on our site is current, we cannot guarantee that the information provided on our social media accounts will be complete, accurate or up-to-date. Where there are links to third party websites or resources, whether posted by us or a third party, you access these at your sole discretion and at your own risk.
Our comments or messages are not intended to provide any professional advice and shall not be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of professional advice in any way. We reserve the right to amend these House Rules at any time without prior notice.
We welcome you to our social media pages and hope you will enjoy this space with us.